The Stambrellas for Hawthorne Hill Project
As Easter approaches and our days loll toward the month of May, it occurs to us at Chocolaterie Stam, that, Mother’s Day is just a hop, (pun intended) skip and a jump around the corner. To celebrate April’s transition to May, Stam’s has asked a coterie of local artists to hand paint umbrellas for one our favorite charities—Hawthorne Hill.
In the month of April, Chocolaterie Stam Des Moines will hang artisan-designed umbrellas in their Ingersoll and Valley West Mall store. Customers will vote for their favorite by “wishing them to win”—throwing donations and money into their favorite designs. The Stam “brella” which collects the most “wishes” will be awarded the Best in “Show”ers and a 40 piece box of Stam Chocolates.
1. Stam will provide fabric paintable umbrella for each artist to interpret the best use of color, texture and design.
2. Artists must submit the ‘brella design by April 21st, 2014 at 2814 Ingersoll Avenue for installation either at Valley West Chocolaterie Stam or Ingersoll Avenue Chocolaterie Stam
3. All “judging” will be by placing donations (wishes) in the umbrellas with all proceeds going to Hawthorne Hill.
4. “Judging” will be complete on May 05, 12pm Midnight
5. Artist and winner will be notified by Facebook and twitter May 07, 2014.
6. All ‘brella artist entries will be auctioned by silent bid at our Mother’s day open house, Thursday, May 08, 2014.
7. All proceeds will be donated to Hawthorne Hill